Autumnal Patterns in Watercolour - Recorded Online Workshop with Jola Pictures
Recording from Tuesday 14th September
Autumn patterns in watercolour with Jola Pictures @jolapictures
In this 2-hour online watercolour class Jola will demonstrate watercolour techniques for sketching autumn-related objects in form of a cohesive pattern. The class will start with an overview of how to make pencil sketches for watercolour illustration and how to choose appropriate colour palettes for your paintings. We will then plan out the layout of our page to create an autumn-themed pattern on our paper!
- Watercolour paper – cold pressed (textured), minimum 300gsm weight
Recommended (but feel free to use another!):
Winsor & Newton coldpress paper
Legion Aqua Stonehenge paper
Jackson’s Art Supplies coldpress watercolour paper
For this class specifically, she recommends using a watercolour sketchbook!
- Brushes – Round synthetic watercolour brushes in two sizes, one smaller (that’s important for this class! - size between 3 and 5), one bigger (size between 10 and 14)
- Watercolour paints – either tubes or pans
White Nights watercolours
Winsor & Newton Cotman
The watercolours can be purchased as a set or as separate tubes or pans.
NOTE ABOUT SUPPLIES:
You can use whatever watercolour supplies you might already own! We will make it work.
Make sure you use good quality watercolour paper, however – that is the most important thing.
You will also need:
- Minimum 3 jars of water
- A separate ceramic dish to mix colours – can be an actual painting palette, or a big kitchen plate (preferably plain white)
- A soft pencil
- An eraser (preferably a putty kneadable eraser)
- Kitchen paper towel
- Scrap paper for testing colours
- A working space with suitable light so you can see the paper and colours accurately.
The class will be taught via Zoom, so please ensure you have that downloaded. A recording will be available should you wish to watch the class again, or if you miss the live session.